Full Members over 18 will benefit from our entire member experience by having full use of the facility. Full members are entitled to advance registration and reduced fees for specialty classes.
- Access to main facility including free weight room, cardio room, strength training room
- Access to men’s & women’s locker rooms (sauna, steam room, whirlpool in men’s locker)
- Fee reduction on classes & programs
- Priority program registration
- 1-hour orientation with a Y Health & Wellness staff member. Register at the Welcome Center
- Nationwide Membership
Youth: 12 & under
Teen: 13-19 years
Young Adult: 20-29 years
Adult: 30-61 years
Senior Couple: 2 adults age 62+ residing in the same household with no children on the membership
Senior: 62 years & older
Single Parent Family: Adult and children residing in the household under the age of 27
Family: 2 adults & children – adult(s) and children residing in the household under the age of 27
Basic/Program (Youth): An annual basic/program membership entitles members to register for programs, child care and summer camp at program rates.
Youth and Teen Full Members Will benefit from an array of activities, programs, recreational activities (branch specific), and membership benefits of early registration. Full access to the facility is based on availability and subject to varied scheduled times. Youth 12 and under must be under direct supervision and may not be left unattended at any time, including on the pool deck. Enjoy the benefits of membership at all 4 of our locations-Elizabeth, Rahway, and 2 locations in Union.
Deployment can be a stressful and an uncertain time for our nation’s servicemen and women and their families. In partnership with the Armed Services YMCA and the Department of Defense, the Y is proud to offer memberships to eligible military families and personnel to give them extra support during this difficult period. It’s our way of giving back to those who dedicate themselves to serving our country.
Military Outreach FAQ
Military Outreach Application
Corporate Memberships are available at The Gateway Family YMCA with many options to suit any business, agency or group. Contact your Human Resources department or the branch of your choice for more information. We offer custom options for membership, programs, and services for local companies.
7th Grade Initiative Memberships
The Gateway Family YMCA provides complimentary memberships to all 7th Grade students through the 7th Grade Initiative. Stop by ANY branch with proof of grade (report card, school ID) to join for FREE!
Special Olympics of NJ Membership
Through a strong partnership with Special Olympics of NJ, The Gateway Family YMCA offers a full membership for Special Olympics of NJ athletes, providing 50% off their membership. This provides the Special Olympics athlete the opportunity to join the YMCA individually or with their family and benefit from all opportunities offered within The Gateway Family YMCA.
- SilverSneakers is available at ALL BRANCHES
- SilverSneakers Prime is available at the Elizabeth and Rahway Branches
- Renew Active/Optum Fitness Advantage is available at ALL BRANCHES
- Horizon B Fit Memberships are available at ALL BRANCHES
- AARP/At Your Best Memberships are available at ALL BRANCHES
- United Healthcare Fitness Passport Memberships are available at ALL BRANCHES
- Check with your Health Insurance Company for programs and incentives provided – Many provide reimbursements based on membership fees and/or usage. Your visit usage is available in your online account or we will be happy to provide a printout.