October In Person Program Schedule
October Virtual Program Schedule
24-Hour YMCA Program Access
October Member Updates
The Gateway YMCA is Here For YOU and YOUR FAMILY! View Our Digital YMCA Program Guide at www.tgfymca.org/program-guides
EXPANDED BRANCH HOURS: Visit www.tgfymca.org/locations for all branch hours
- In case you missed it, we expanded Branch Hours at EVERY BRANCH in September!
- This includes 6:00am opening Monday-Friday at the Rahway Branch & Wellness Center Branch
- Later Hours & More Weekend Hours as well!
EXPANDED ACCESS & SERVICES:
- Members are encouraged to bring a Guest to the Y! We are following our regular guest policy and fees may apply. All guests must visit the Y with an active Full Privilege Member, provide photo identification on every visit, and complete the guest application waiver for the new year (signature of a parent or legal guardian is required for those under 18). More details available HERE (Click on Guests). Please download the Guest Application Waiver to bring to the branch to expedite your entry.
- We continue to provide wellness and fitness services in person 7 days a week! Branch Hours at the Elizabeth Branch, Rahway Branch and Wellness Center Branch include a combination of Wellness, Cardio, Strength Training, Free Weights, Weight Room, Swimming, Basketball and Private Fitness Center, as well as Personal Training appointments. The Five Points Branch is open for Swimming and Programs including Group Exercise, Chronic Disease Management Programs, Swim Lessons, Child Care, Youth Sports, Dance, Gymnastics and more!
- Reservations are no longer required for the Private Fitness Studio at the Wellness Center Branch during branch hours. Usage is on a first come, first serve basis for this unique opportunity for Full Privilege YMCA Members.
- View our Schedules for Swimming at the Five Points Branch or Rahway Branch or Open Basketball or Soccer at the Elizabeth Branch or Five Points Branch during scheduled hours. Usage is capacity controlled and first come, first serve. Please review the Web Site or Mobile App.
- Our YMCA has EXPANDED our Virtual YMCA opportunities for all active Full Privilege YMCA Members and Full Virtual Members! Introducing YMCA360
- Our YMCA has UPGRADED our Member Mobile App! Please DOWLOAD M-Dock
- Group Exercise Programs are returning to Studio 1 at the Wellness Center Branch. Classes are first come, first serve.
- It’s a New Year for the 7th Grade Initiative! If your child is in 7th Grade, please visit the YMCA with proof of grade and parent/legal guardian with photo identification. We’ll be happy to setup a complimentary membership and provide your 7th Grader with upcoming events and 7th Grade Leader’s Club information. To expedite the process, you can download and print the Membership Application HERE
Y BRANCH FACILITY UPDATES:
- Locker Rooms and Showers are available to all full privilege members and basic members utilizing programs at the Elizabeth Branch, Five Points Branch, Rahway Branch and Wellness Center Branch. Family Changing Rooms also remain available at the Five Points Branch and Rahway Branch.
IN-PERSON Y PROGRAM UPDATES:
Expanded Indoor Group Exercise, Chronic Disease Programs, Aquatics and Youth Programs:
- Youth Yoga and Teen Yoga have been added at the Rahway Branch for October! Register today HERE
- Registration requirements have been removed wherever possible. These programs will be first come, first serve. Capacity is limited. Please note programs noted on the schedule as *Registration Required”.
- Fall 2 Program Registration Begins October 20th! This includes Swimming Lessons, Youth Sports, Dance, Gymnastics, Tae Kwon Do and other Youth Programs!
- Elizabeth Branch In-Person Group Exercise programs include Cycling, Zumba, Enhance Fitness for Arthritis, and Circuit Training
- Five Points Branch In-Person Group Exercise programs have been EXPANDED, including favorite programs like Action Against Arthritis, Yoga, Zumba Toning, Tai Chi and Zumba
- Rahway Branch In-Person Group Exercise programs include SilverSneakers, Zumba, Yoga, Total Body Workout and Chair Yoga
- Wellness Center Branch In-Person Group Exercise programs have been expanded including Indoor options for Butts & Guts, Yoga, Firm & Fit, Zumba, Back to Abs and Body Works
Expanded Outdoor Group Exercise Programs:
- Outdoor Group Exercise Programs are available at the Wellness Center Branch and the Five Points Branch. Classes are first come, first serve.
Expanded Swimming Lessons:
- Private Swim Lessons are available at the Five Points Branch and Rahway Branch
- Group Swim Lessons are available at the Five Points Branch and Rahway Branch
- Fall/Winter Swim Team at the Rahway Branch Registration is ongoing
- High School Swim Clinic at the Rahway Branch Registration is ongoing
Water Exercise Options 5 Days a Week:
- Water Exercise programs are offered 5 days a week including Water Exercise and Aqua Zumba at the Five Points Branch and Water Aerobics and Deep Water Exercise at the Rahway Branch
Expanded YMCA Child Care Services:
- The Five Points Branch in Union is expanding their YMCA Child Care classrooms! If you are in need of Child Care, please CONTACT US
- The Youth Development Branch in Elizabeth is expanding their YMCA Child Care classrooms! If you are in need of Child Care, please CONTACT US
- YMCA Before and After School Care Registration is open – for information VISIT HERE
Virtual Program Updates:
- We’ve expanded our Virtual program options including member favorites, community chronic disease self-management programs, youth programs, family programs and events.
- REGISTER HERE for Virtual Group Exercise for access to all Group Exercise programs on the top of the schedule!
- Virtual Chronic Disease Self-Management programs are open to the community and include BPSM Healthy Eating Presentation, Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring, Diabetes Empowerment Education Program and Healthy Living Behavior Change REGISTER HERE
- Make a difference in our community! SIGN UP for Virtual Togetherhood (Must be an active YMCA Member, minimum age of 18)
Virtual Y On Demand:
- Recorded YMCA Programs and more, available 24 Hours a Day HERE
- Our YMCA has EXPANDED our Virtual YMCA opportunities for all active Full Privilege YMCA Members and Full Virtual Members! Visit YMCA360
- Download our NEW Mobile App! M-Dock HERE
Virtual WISE Adult Services:
- The Virtual WISE Center Program is open and available for registration
- View Events and Register to Attend at www.tgfymca.org/events
We’re Hiring! Make a difference in your community as part of The Gateway Family YMCA staff team. APPLY HERE
- Part Time Positions Available:
- Before/After School Counselors
- Certified Lifeguards & Swim Instructors
- Group Exercise Instructors (evenings & weekends)
- Welcome Center (evenings & weekends)
- Child Care Teachers & Assistant Teachers
The Rahway Branch Gymnasium will remain closed at the present time due to extensive damage from Hurricane Ida. Members who wish to utilize the gymnasium for Basketball, Soccer or Pickleball during scheduled hours are encouraged to utilize the Elizabeth Branch or Five Points Branch.
WELCOME BACK! We are OPEN for Wellness Access and Fitness Center use 7 days a week, during building hours at our Y Branches, no reservations required. Online registration is required for some programs to facilitate social distance capacity in class. Our What to Expect page is designed to answer your frequently asked questions and provide a quick reference for current amenities.
At The Gateway Family YMCA, we are committed to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for all. Our Y has been open and providing services throughout the global pandemic. We are Here For You!