December In Person Program Schedule
December Virtual Program Schedule
December Member Updates
The Gateway YMCA is Here For YOU and YOUR FAMILY! View Our Digital YMCA Program Guide at www.tgfymca.org/program-guides
EXPANDED BRANCH HOURS: Visit www.tgfymca.org/locations for all branch hours
- In case you missed it, we expanded Branch Hours at EVERY BRANCH in September!
- This includes 6:00am opening Monday-Friday at the Rahway Branch & Wellness Center Branch
- Later Hours & More Weekend Hours as well!
EXPANDED ACCESS & SERVICES:
- Members are encouraged to bring a Guest to the Y! We are following our regular guest policy and fees may apply. All guests must visit the Y with an active Full Privilege Member, provide photo identification on every visit, and complete the guest application waiver for the new year (signature of a parent or legal guardian is required for those under 18). More details available HERE (Click on Guests). Please download the Guest Application Waiver to bring to the branch to expedite your entry.
- We continue to provide wellness and fitness services in person 7 days a week! Branch Hours at the Elizabeth Branch, Rahway Branch and Wellness Center Branch include a combination of Wellness, Cardio, Strength Training, Free Weights, Weight Room, Swimming, Basketball and Private Fitness Center, as well as Personal Training appointments. The Five Points Branch is open for Swimming and Programs including Group Exercise, Chronic Disease Management Programs, Child Care, Youth Sports, Dance, Gymnastics, Basketball and more!
- View our Schedules for Swimming at the Five Points Branch or Rahway Branch or Open Basketball or Soccer at the Elizabeth Branch or Five Points Branch during scheduled hours. Usage is capacity controlled and first come, first serve. Please review the Web Site or Mobile App.
- Our YMCA has EXPANDED our Virtual YMCA opportunities for all active Full Privilege YMCA Members and Full Virtual Members! Introducing YMCA360
- Our YMCA has UPGRADED our Member Mobile App! Please DOWLOAD M-Dock
- Group Exercise Programs are returning to Studio 1 at the Wellness Center Branch. Classes are first come, first serve.
- It’s a New Year for the 7th Grade Initiative! If your child is in 7th Grade, please visit the YMCA with proof of grade and parent/legal guardian with photo identification. We’ll be happy to setup a complimentary membership and provide your 7th Grader with upcoming events and 7th Grade Leader’s Club information. To expedite the process, you can download and print the Membership Application HERE
Y BRANCH FACILITY UPDATES:
- Our Rahway Gymnasium & Studio are temporarily closed as we recover from Hurricane Ida. Members may continue to utilize the Basketball Gymnasium at our other branches.
Winter 2022 Program Registration Begins:
- Full Privilege Members – Monday, December 6
- Basic Members – Monday, December 13
Winter 2022 Program Session: January 3 – February 27
- Swimming Lessons, Youth Sports, Dance, Gymnastics, Tae Kwon Do and other Youth Programs!
- Youth Sports, Dance, Gymnastics and Tae Kwon Do programs are available at the Five Points Branch
Water Exercise Options 5 Days a Week:
- Water Exercise programs are offered 5 days a week including Water Exercise and Aqua Zumba at the Five Points Branch and Water Aerobics and Deep Water Exercise at the Rahway Branch
Expanded YMCA Child Care Services:
- The Five Points Branch in Union is expanding their YMCA Child Care classrooms! If you are in need of Child Care, please CONTACT US
- The Youth Development Branch in Elizabeth is expanding their YMCA Child Care classrooms! If you are in need of Child Care, please CONTACT US
- YMCA Before and After School Care Registration is open – for information VISIT HERE
Virtual Program Updates:
- We’ve expanded our Virtual program options including member favorites, community chronic disease self-management programs, youth programs, family programs and events.
- REGISTER HERE for Virtual Group Exercise for access to all Group Exercise programs on the top of the schedule!
- Virtual Chronic Disease Self-Management programs are open to the community and include BPSM Healthy Eating Presentation, Blood Pressure Self-Monitoring, Diabetes Empowerment Education Program and Healthy Living Behavior Change REGISTER HERE
- Make a difference in our community! SIGN UP for Virtual Togetherhood (Must be an active YMCA Member, minimum age of 18)
Virtual Y On Demand:
- Recorded YMCA Programs and more, available 24 Hours a Day HERE
- Our YMCA has EXPANDED our Virtual YMCA opportunities for all active Full Privilege YMCA Members and Full Virtual Members! Visit YMCA360
- Download our NEW Mobile App! M-Dock HERE
Virtual WISE Adult Services:
- The Virtual WISE Center Program is open and available for registration
- Virtual Holiday Jingo! December 18 @11:00am Register & Information HERE
- View Events and Register to Attend at www.tgfymca.org/events
We’re Hiring! Make a difference in your community as part of The Gateway Family YMCA staff team. APPLY HERE
- Part Time Positions Available:
- Certified Lifeguards & Swim Instructors
- Before/After School Counselors
- Group Exercise Instructors (evenings & weekends)
- Welcome Center (evenings & weekends)
- Child Care Teachers & Assistant Teachers
- Full Time Positions are posted at ymca.org