Infant & Preschool Child Care At The YMCA
We believe that every child is a unique individual and we are committed to promoting each child’s physical, emotional, and social development. Our Y employees are highly skilled and trained to provide your child with a loving and positive environment. Infants will have daily physical and motor development activities.
We believe the values and skills learned early on are vital building blocks for quality of life and future success. That’s why at the YMCA Child Development Center we provide care for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years in a safe, nurturing, educational and enriching environment. Our research-based curriculum is implemented in all of our classrooms and extends to the Y’s core values: Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
The curriculum is applied to our young children through age-appropriate activities, lessons, and daily routines.
• Classrooms are fully equipped with learning materials that promote child-centered learning, critical thinking, as well as positive and effective social relations.
• Daily routines include 60 minutes of gross motor play, 50 minutes of cognitive/social play, 20-30 minute instructional interactive lessons in multiple development areas.
• We coach and encourage the use of problem solving techniques and support our children to make use of their creative form of thought.
• All child care staff are required to undergo CPR and First Aid certification as well as child development training.
• We offer center events, and real life experiences that enhance a child’s natural way of skill building in an educational setting.