Are you looking for child care while you exercise, take a swim, or participate in a YMCA program?
Our YMCA branches offer drop-in Child Watch while caregivers, parents or guardians make use of their YMCA membership! Child Watch provides an opportunity for parents, caregivers and guardians to pursue their own health and well-being, knowing that their child(ren) are safe, secure and having fun in a positive environment.
Child Watch is:
- Available for children ages 3 years to 9 years old
- Available for up to 2 hours per session, while a parent, caregiver or guardian remains within the YMCA branch.
- Times vary by YMCA branch
- Included in Full Privilege Family YMCA Memberships
At Child Watch:
- Your child can play with other children
- There will be toys, books, resources and fun things to learn and do
- There will be staff and resources that will help you and your family
- You will meet other parents/caregivers of young children
- All Parent/Caregiver/Guardians must stop at the Welcome Center to register for a Child Watch session upon arrival
- Check In:
- Appropriately dated receipt must be presented to Child Watch staff at sign-in
- Parent/Caregiver/Guardian must provide identification for sign-in and sign-out, and disclose their intention/location while the child will be in our care
- All Parent/Caregiver/Guardians must be active YMCA Members of any category, at minimum Community Member
- Parent/Caregiver/Guardian must remain inside the YMCA facility while child is attending Child Watch
- Maximum session is 2 hours
- Outside Items may be brought at your own risk:
- Age-appropriate snacks or water/juice may be brought to the Child Watch room. All Child Watch rooms are nut-free.
- Children are responsible for their own toys or electronics brought to the Child Watch room.
- All items must be clearly labeled with your child’s name and disclosed to Child Watch staff upon entry.
- YMCA staff are not responsible for loss, damage or theft. All items are brought at your own risk.
- Parent Communication:
- Please keep your cell phone nearby while your child is in the care of Child Watch
- If a child is upset and cannot be soothed for 10 minutes, Y staff will notify Parent/Caregiver/Guardian
- If a child needs to utilize the restroom while in our care, Y staff will notify Parent/Caregiver/Guardian
- Help us keep our spaces clean and safe for all
- Child Watch areas undergo rigorous cleaning procedures
- Children must be free from all symptoms of illness or fever for 24 hours before returning to the Y’s care
- A maximum number of children per staff ratio will be followed and the Welcome Center alerted if the room is at the current maximum capacity
- Child Watch hours are subject to change and vary by location
Child Watch Session Fees:
- Full Privilege Family Memberships: Free
- Parent/Caregiver/Guardian and Child must be included on the same Full Privilege Family Membership
- Full Privilege Individual Member: $10/session for each child
- Parent/Caregiver/Guardian must be a Full Privilege Member utilizing the YMCA
- Basic/Program Member: $20/session for each child
- Parent/Caregiver/Guardian or Sibling must be a Basic/Program Member utilizing the YMCA for a program/event
- In the event that the Sibling is a Basic/Program Member, Parent/Caregiver/Guardian must register as a Community Member to accompany them into the YMCA
- YMCA Nationwide Member: $20/session for each child
- Parent/Caregiver/Guardian must be an active YMCA Nationwide Member utilizing the YMCA
- Community Member: $25/session for each child
- Parent/Caregiver/Guardian must be a YMCA Community Member utilizing the YMCA for a program/event
Fees may vary for theme nights and special events. Advance registration may be required for some special events and programs.
Child Watch Locations: Hours vary per location and are subject to change
- Elizabeth Branch – 135 Madison Avenue, Elizabeth, NJ
- Five Points Branch – 201 Tucker Avenue, Union, NJ
- Rahway Branch – 1564 Irving Street, Rahway, NJ
- Wellness Center Branch – 1000 Galloping Hill Road, Union, NJ
For more information contact us