Find Your Adventure. Find Your Sense of Wonder. Find Your Y.
Great Summers Start at the Y!
Summer is a time for kids to explore new things and expand the limits of their imagination. At The Gateway Family YMCA Summer Day Camp, every day is a new adventure!
At our YMCA Summer Day Camp, kids can develop skills, self-confidence, new friendships and a sense of belonging – all while having tons of fun! From games and sports to arts and crafts to outdoor adventures to science and technology, a Summer Day Camp experience offers kids the change to learn new things and enjoy new adventures.
In order to have fun and thrive, kids need to feel both physically and emotionally safe. When you drop your child off at Summer Day Camp, you can rest assured that their total well-being will be nurtured and supported by caring YMCA staff who are committed to ensuring that their experience is a great one.
YMCA Summer Day Camp at The Gateway Family YMCA includes:
- Fun camp activities to engage brains
- Opportunities to explore, develop new skills and try new things
- Plenty of physical activity and games to keep bodies active
- Age-Appropriate Groups and Activities
- STEAM Activities
- Learning Loss Prevention Activities
- Swimming (Five Points & Rahway Branch Summer Camp Only)
Summer Day Camp at The Gateway Family YMCA is held outdoors, with a combination of indoor and outdoor activities.
Summer Camp Open House Parent Information Sessions – Join us to learn more!
- March 23rd 6:00-7:30pm (Virtual Session)
- April 30th 12:00-1:30pm (Elizabeth, Rahway and Five Points Branch)
- May 23rd 6:00-7:30pm (Elizabeth, Rahway and Five Points Branch)
Sessions will be held in person at your Y Branch. Advance registration is recommended, but not required.
Traditional Summer Day Camp 2022 Session Information:
- Dates: June 27 – August 26 (9 Weeks)
- Sessions: 1 Week Sessions
- Days: Monday-Friday
- Traditional Camp Hours: 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Ages: Entering Kindergarten – Grade 8 (Grade as of Fall 2022)
Preschool Summer Day Camp 2022 Session Information:
- Dates: July 5 – August 26
- Sessions: 1 Week Sessions
- Days: Monday-Friday
- Preschool Camp Hours: 8:30am – 5:00pm
- Ages: 3 & 4 years old (must be toilet trained)
Our commitment is to strengthen community through youth development, healthy living, and social responsibility. The Gateway Family YMCA offers Summer Camps to serve the communities of Eastern Union County and Northern Middlesex County, as well as the surrounding areas. Parents need a summer camp they can trust and children need a summer camp that will hold their attention and spark their imagination. At The Gateway Family YMCA, Summer Day Camp is more than a program, it’s an adventure to last a lifetime!
Our YMCA camps are designed to engage your child, enrich their mind, and strengthen their body. A week long, summer long, Y camp is where your child can make new friends, learn and discover, get creative and have fun trying new things in a safe and nurturing environment.
Summer Day Camp is available in Elizabeth at the Elizabeth Branch, in Rahway at the Rahway Branch and in Union at the Five Points Branch. Online Registration is Available, Space is Limited – Register Online!
Summer Day Camp 2022 Registration Began March 24th. Space is Limited, Register Early.
Our Summer Day Camps will fill up fast, so reserve your spot today!
In order to register your child(ren), you will need the following:
- Your/Your child’s Login and Password for www.tgfymca.org
- If you haven’t previously provided an email address, please call the branch to add it to your child’s account at 908-355-9622 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- An Active YMCA Membership
- Your child(ren)’s information including school and doctor
- Contact information for all authorized drop off/pick up individuals
- Proof of Immunization to upload during the process
- Payment for Summer Camp Deposit
Please review the example online registration form below. You are required to upload your child’s immunization record during the registration process.
Summer Camp Registration Deposit of $50/weekly session is required at the time of registration.
Payment in Full for the Session is due by:
- Weeks 1-4: May 25, 2022
- Weeks 5-9: June 14, 2022
All payments must be made online in your child’s account.
Weekly Session Rates:
- Five Points Branch & Rahway Branch
- Full Privilege Member $262
- Basic Program Member $294
All payments must be made online in your child’s account. All information is subject to change.
We’ve adapted our YMCA Summer Day Camp programs to meet CDC safety recommendations to help keep kids safe from COVID-19. P
At YMCA Summer Day Camp, your child’s safety is our first priority. Our YMCA will follow all State and Local Covid-19 guidelines, including, but not limited to the following (Subject to change as guidelines are updated):
- Daily Health Screening
- Temperature Check
- Mask/Cloth Face Coverings
- Social Distancing
- Small Groups
- Sanitizing and Disinfecting
- Frequent Hand Washing
- Drop Off/Pick Up Procedures
- Safety Protocols
- Travel Policy
We thank you for being a member of our YMCA, and your commitment to the health and safety of everyone we serve. We know that if we work together we’ll be able to keep our families and staff healthy and our facilities a safe environment for everyone.